[DNS] Bottle breaches policy

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§snapsite.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:22:58 +1000
Rod, in previous communications Larry has been against any redress against
Bottle, apart from perhaps a token slap on the wrist for the sake of
appearances.  In his most recent comment he appears to concede that since
the Supreme Court confirmed that auDA was right, perhaps - just perhaps - a
fine would have been in order.

Unless I've missed something, nowhere have I seen Larry agreeing that Bottle
were in the wrong.

To quote Larry: "... registrants (remember them) ...".

Yes - let's do just that. I would argue that it was precisely in the
interests of registrants that a) auDA stepped in and acted after seeking
redress and b) the Supreme Court upheld auDA's actions.  The Court's
appreciation of the registrants' position is exemplified in the quote
"[Bottle] demonstrated an extraordinary indifference to the effect of credit
card fraud upon its victims."

Ron