[DNS] Bottle breaches policy

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 19:04:34 -0700
Quoting Anand Kumria on Wednesday September 30, 2009:

| Whilst I have mainly noted auDAs failings in my summary; I can not say that
| Australian Style comes out very well. The fact that they took advantage of a
| court-ordered injunction to transfer domains to a related company speaks
| volumes.

However I sense from your analysis you think auDA is predominantly at
fault here.

| As it is auDA actions actually *undermined* the security and confidence of
| registrants of the .au domain system.

How so? If my registrar had security remedies and took the actions
Bottle did, I think I'd be rather happy a regulator was taking action.

| Why bother when a gTLD offers none of these problems.

ICANN de-accredits registrars in gTLD space too. Just ask a RegisterFly
customer. What's the difference?

kim