[DNS] Bottle breaches policy

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:29:47 -0700
Quoting Larry Bloch on Tuesday May 12, 2009:

| I'm on Bottle's side on this because it is bullying tactics, its arbitrary,
| and it could be any one of us next. I'm not standing up for the rights of
| downtrodden registrars, I'm standing for the right of my business to not be
| threatened by de-accreditation (and ensuing oblivion) over a matter that
| doesn't warrant it. I'm pretty bemused as to why I'm the only one. Surely
| you don't want a regulator that destroys businesses and employment with
| little notice for questionable reasons just because it can.

Apparently the Victorian Supreme Court thinks it was warranted.
"[Bottle] demonstrated an extraordinary indifference to the effect of
credit card fraud upon its victims." I am no lawyer but that sounds like
pretty strong language.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/vic/VSC/2009/422.html

kim