[DNS] Restriction of trade - Extension of thread - Monetised

From: David Jones <dj_david_jones§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:35:51 +0100 (BST)
--- Charlie McCormack <charlie&#167;mccormack.net.au>
wrote:

> > a) the content on a monetised website must be
> related
> > specifically and predominantly to the domain name;
> and
>
> ARghhhhhhhh
>
> This is not restricting the content to Australian
> Links FFS!!!

I never mentioned Aostralian links :-) Jon did. I
though we were discussing auDA's right to include
whatever terms it wanted to in its licence agreements
including content. Theoretically I suppose they could
say you can only have Australian links but this would
obviously be a stupid policy.

[Quote]
Show me in any of auDA's policies where they can
restrict content, once you show me that, I'll admit
defeat.
[/Quote]

How about this one.

Policy Rules and Guidelines for Community Geographic
Domain Names (CGDNs) (2006-04)
http://www.auda.com.au/policies/auda-2006-04/

Policy 3(b)
The registrant must use the domain name solely for the
purpose of operating a community website

<snip>
As a guideline, website content should include but is
not limited to: community events, local business
directory, community directory, general information
about the community, local news and a community
feedback facility.

Looks like the word CONTENT is here as well even
though it is a guideline.

DJ 2 Charlie 0

DJ

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html