[DNS] Monetised

From: David Jones <dj_david_jones§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 06:54:20 +0100 (BST)
--- "DomainNames.com.au" <Mail&#167;DomainNames.com.au>
wrote:

> Lets assume that www.dwarfs.com.au has content that
> promotes banking, cars,
> sex, food etc and a person types in
> www.dwarfs.com.au into the browser and
> gets this "monitised" page, are you saying that a
> person looking for dwarfs
> would not be also interested in banking, cars, sex,
> etc.
>
> I personally think that other content is very
> usefull as I don't think this
> person would be solely obsessed with dwarf
> manufacturers and I would say
> probably at times drives to a "bank" in his "car" to
> withdraw some money to
> pay for "sex, food, etc"
>
> Therefore the site would be very relevant to his
> needs

We are discussing policy here. If you own a business
called "dwarfs online" then you have every right to
register the domain and put whatever content you wish
on the site.

However if you are registering dwarfs.com.au under the
monetisation policy then auDA in its wisdom has
clarified the policy and stated that the site must
predominantly relate to dwarfs in particular. Not what
they like or what clothes they wear or cars they
drive.

However we all know monetisation is about click
throughs which means the more paid links the better.
How many paid links are there relating specifically to
dwarfs. Not many. So I doubt you will get your
investment back.

If you wish to monetise a domain stick to policy or
have it removed from you.

I notice that most of the domains mentioned earlier
have changed their content. But do they stick to
policy. I think not. Working hard Vic?

DJ

Yahoo! Photos ? NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com