[DNS] dineonline.com.au

From: Lea de Groot <dotau.org§elysiansystems.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:42:12 +1000
Charlie McCormack wrote:
> There are real world laws that prevent this kind of restriction, it will
> never happen, at least not in the next 10 years, governments have more
> pressing issues, such as hospitals, transport, aging population etc.

Wow! Which laws cover this?
I can't think of which it would be.

I wonder how far the premise of 'public space' can be pushed?
Companies can rent real public spaces, but still be limited in what they
are allowed to do there, IIRC. The internet can be thought of as public
space, particularly given that the govt control the distribution of it,
so it isn't too hard a step to have it treated in the same way.

Lea
--
Lea de Groot
Elysian Systems