[DNS] dumpstersluts.com.au

From: Jon Lawrence <jon§jonlawrence.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 13:21:52 +0100
Hi Sean

In general, I don't disagree with you, however I would challenge you to
draft an allocation policy that prevented sites like these from appearing
that didn't also prevent thousands of completely legitimate businesses from
doing whatever they feel is the best thing for marketing their business
using the .au domain space.

You say this advertising policy is flawed.  I'm afraid that is simply not
the case, otherwise people wouldn't be doing it.  You don't have to like
it but there are clearly tens of millions of people in the world that are
quite happy to click on a link from a PPC site such as this to get to wherever
they think they want to go.

There is also plenty of reason to get a .com.au over .com, as evidenced
by the plain fact that people are still registering them.

Jon