[DNS] Licence Period

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:52:23 +0930
>> Maybe the Registrars will end up owning all the names that are of any
>> value?
>
> as opposed to the professional monetisers? again what is the problem with
> that?

Hi Vic,

When customers ask me should they have a .com or .com.au (if all other
things are equal)  I suggest the .com.au

Reasoning: people googling can use the google option to 'search au pages'
and avoid myriads of lead pages full of ads. I personally have no problem
with monetizing a domain .. but there needs to be some balance.

I suppose I am a bit of a purist, been doing this longer than most, I
remember when online was such a nice place!

Cheers Tony