[DNS] Licence Period

From: Bennett Oprysa <bennett§enetica.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:19:33 +1000
David Jones wrote:
> We all have a right to register them we just have to
> make sure we don't infringe on their trademarks. For
> example I could register seek.com.au and launch a

yes, you can. But you can't register it to monetise it, which is what we
have been talking about. ie the recent monetisation changes have not
increased the chances of someone registering your name which is what you
were trying to say previously.

> I thought the whois info was not available to
> registrars in full and that you could only monitor
> domains by availability.

that is correct. I'm hardly going to tell you or aynone else HOW we do
what we do, but it is within .au policies and it is certainly of great
value to our clients.

Regards,
Bennett.