[DNS] Licence Period

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 03:21:35 +0000
Quoting David Jones on Thursday August 17, 2006:

| And how imo is the easiest and cheapest way to do
| this? Register my domain for a 10 year period.
|
| So bring on extended licence periods auDA. You have
| ruled in favour of monetisation so perhaps you can
| give us registrants some protection.

This is a false kind of protection. One of the reasons against having
long renewal periods is exactly that there is an increasing chance the
registrant contact details will have changed in the interim, and you
won't be able to contact them (or authenticate them) for renewal, and
their registration will lapse.

The odds of your contact details being the same as they are today is
better in 2008 than in 2016.

kim