[DNS] pseudocracy gone mad aucd

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:06:14 +1000
Kim Davies [kim&#167;cynosure.com.au] wrote:
> Quoting Jim Preston on Wednesday August 16, 2006:
> | We are missing the true point on the Auda Foundation. Whether it's a great
> | success or a dismal failure - it's a great feather in the cap of those who
> | initiated this generous charitable cause.  Who really cares if it's
> | unlikely to work, it presents those behind it as having their heart in the
> | right place.
>
> I guess I missed the point too. I thought this was was about auCD, not
> the auDA Foundation.

ditto. intention is not enough anyway, all castrophes can find good intentions
at their core. intention must be firmly wedded to skillful means lest
they end up as paving stones to you know where.

on the point of the auda foundation, its very easy to be charitable with
other peoples money. it would be a feather in their caps if it was their
own money, or donated voluntarily.

Vic