[DNS] Secondary Market

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:22:42 +0000
Quoting Jon Lawrence on Tuesday July 18, 2006:

| I think it's also worth remembering that although you may only have a
| licence to hold a domain name, as long as you continue to remain eligible to
| hold that licence, and continue to remember to renew it, it is in effect
| yours, in perpetuity.

Of course, these elements are the key differences that are important
to consider. When you own something you have a reasonable belief it is
yours in perpetuity, whereas with a domain it is incumbent that you
continue to maintain eligibility, follow domain policy and so forth.

It is probably worth noting it also relies on the assumption the
licensor maintains the authority to provide you with the license. If you
were still maintaining a license with KRE for your .com.au domain today,
it wouldn't do you much good.

kim