[DNS] What The

From: David Jones <dj_david_jones§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 00:26:04 +0100 (BST)
--- Doug Robb <doug&#167;clarity.com.au> wrote:

> Yes good try but I suggest that they won't be
> accepted as a trade mark - she
> should have consulted a trade mark attorney as she's
> wasted $1000 on that
> lot of applications. The basic idea behind trade
> marks is to create
> something that is capable of distinguishing your
> goods or services from
> someone else.

I agree this is a total waste of money. However it
brings into the issue of the actual domain name
application process. Presumably these domains were
registered under their respective trademarks. If this
is the case does that mean that the domains will be
cancelled if the applications are rejected.

I would suggest that domain applications under
trademark rule should only be accepted for those
trademarks which are in a "registered" status.

DJ