[DNS] france ditches magic number requirement Re:Domaindisputeheats up

From: Jim Preston <preston.jim§gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 13:20:55 +0800
Larry

You state in your email "dubious endeavours" - I think they auDA has
gone out of its way in recent times to promote both itself and the .au
industry as whole.

As a registrar I would have thought that the more promotion the auDA
does direct to the public the greater the flow on effect would be.

For example:

- auDA has run a series of advertisements in major newspapers
- auDA has placed full pages ads in BRW at least 3 or 4 times which is
directly targeting the business community (and hence purchasers of au
Domains) for around $15,000 per ad to a magazine the has a 200,000
readership each week seems good value.

I don't think anyway should be too concerned about a concentrated
marketing effort from auDA - you need to spend money to make money -
and if $200-300,000 has been spent to promote auDA and its leadership
under Chris Disspain - surely that is a good use of the registration
fees.

Regards

Jim