[DNS] well well well Re: Domain dispute heats up

From: David Jones <dj_david_jones§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 01:09:50 +0100 (BST)
On 09/06/2006, at 8:59 AM, Vic Cinc wrote:

>you dont qualify for a .com.au why do you still have
one?

>cynosure.com.au is not listed with a magic number,
there is no business
>activity on the web page. you are in breach of the
very rules you are
>arguing for.

I don't understand why you are obsessed with this
magic number thing. It is not the only requirement for
com.au.

Firstly as far as I am aware it is not a legal
requirement in australia for a business to have an
ABN, of course it is advantageous for tax reasons.

Secondly a business ABN may change. I would recommend
anyone not to register a com.au under an ABN. I have
had this experience where I restructured my company
and moved one area of my business under the parent
company. My original ABN was deleted and the business
now trades under the company ABN. The domain was
registered under the original ABN, I asked my
registrar to change my registrant details but they
required an additional $100 to process it. I can see
no reason for this as the business still exists, the
registrant is the same but the ABN has changed.

Thirdly you can register under an ACN, BRN or
Trademark

Perhaps you should read the regulations again