[DNS] local lunacy Re: open challenge

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 17:08:36 +0000
Quoting Darryl (Dassa) Lynch on Friday June 09, 2006:

| |> even this mailling list is &#167;dotau.org why is not under .au?
| |> how ironic is that?????
|
| There are many reasons why this may be the case, I'd suspect it is mostly
| historical and no one has seen any justification for making a change.

Not really. Actually, Vic is right on this one -- it is under .org
because there is no real suitable home for it under the .au taxonomy.

Not that I think that is automatic justification to liberalise every
facet of the .au zone, but I definitely think there is room for 2LDs for
general purpose use that aren't confined by naming policy. (.info.au,
for one, springs to mind that could be better utilised)

kim