[DNS] france ditches magic number requirement Re: Domain dispute heats up

From: Edwin Groothuis <edwin§mavetju.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 22:34:01 +1000
On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 10:21:58PM +1000, Vic Cinc wrote:
> Edwin Groothuis [edwin&#167;mavetju.org] wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 09:06:32PM +1000, Vic Cinc wrote:
> > > Edwin Groothuis [edwin&#167;mavetju.org] wrote:
> > > ...............................^^^
> > >
> > > I might point out your lack of support for the .au
> >
> > In the last seven years I've lived in three different countries. I
> > couldn't keep my .de domain because I couldn't find somebody
> > interested in being the administrative contact (has to be a German
> > postal address). I couldn't keep my .nl domain because of the same
> > reason.
>
> you didnt look very hard because many euro registrars will do that for you.

Not in the time that it was needed. Times have changed since then,
but we're talking about a time when people wanted to keep their
zonefiles clean.

> >Then I thought it was time to swallow the pride and get a
> > domain which was global.
>
> stifled by other stupid local rules, and he has to swallow his pride
> because they dont want to let him qualify. oh poor dear, but its in his
> best interest to get a US domain. poor soul, forced to spend money on
[...]

Last time I checked .org was a *global* top-level domain, not to
be confused with the .us domain which is a *country* coded top level
domain.

> > I see that you're starting to fight the person instead of fight the
> > ideas/text I write. Interesting change of direction :-)
> absolute drivel. if I called you some name you might have a point,
> instead I point out your lack of support for .au, and thats attacking the
> person? you are just trying to divert attention from the fact all your
> arguments have been demolished and you have nothing left to say.

Yes, that's an attack on the person since you've changed the
discussion from *what* was being said to *how* the person saying
it looked like.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org