[DNS] Domain dispute heats up

From: Vic Cinc <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 20:49:11 +1000
Darryl (Dassa) Lynch [dassa&#167;dhs.org] wrote:

> That is the only question suppliers are interested in, and of course, if they
> can profit by meeting that demand.  AuDA and policy is not interested in the
> profit and demand is qualified by the benefits or negative impact meeting the
> demand may introduce.  Issues which suppliers don't care much about.

nobody has come up with a single negative impact yet. yet we clearly
have a very large disenfranchised community out there.

> Vic has been tossing a figure of 1 million as wanting to open up the
> namespace, personally I don't give that figure much weight as I don't know how
> it was derived and I suspect it isn't a true indication.  Even if accepted it
> means there are another 39 million people to consider at a minimum before
> policy is changed.

its actually a very conservative estimate. pick an open name space of an
equivalent country compare the domains per capita to australia and then come back
and tell me why .au sells so little and what your justification is for
disenfranchising these people.

.au is for all australians, not just those some feel are worthy.

Vic