[DNS] Where to report AU Spam

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 23:48:34 +1000 (EST)
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, David Goldstein wrote:

 > See ACMA's website at
 > http://www.acma.gov.au/ACMAINTER.65674:STANDARD:242799281:pc=PC_2008

And from there to: Anti Spam: Reporting - Complaints - Enquiries
  http://www.acma.gov.au/ACMAINTER.65674:STANDARD:1907459784:pc=PC_1970

Thence, having dug deeper, a chance to get to the: SPAM Complaint Form
  https://web.acma.gov.au/secure/complaint_form.htm

(I had to turn Javascript OFF to navigate the acma site without errors,
and what's with these weird URLs?  Maybe browser-dependant?  <shrug>)

Lee, your case in question appears to fit their guidelines completely.

Wonder if they're in any way related to a certain Queensland computer
company that used to be one of the worst Australian spammers, but who
went quiet, here at least, since the Spam Act came in.

The very worst (Wayne Mansfield, Business Seminars Australia et al) was
last I heard being investigated for zillions of spams .. so there's some
hope that complaints about these lowlife may eventually do some good ..

Cheers, Ian

 > David
 > --- Lee Sanders <dns-337&#167;ccp.com.au> wrote:
 >
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > I've been getting spam from an Australian company
 > > using a .com domain. I would
 > > like to know if there is any Australian body to
 > >
 > > Specifically the company is Auscomp Computers and
 > > they are mailing from
 > > sales&#167;auscompcomputers.com regarding hardware bits
 > > and pieces.
 > >
 > > Email address was harvested off website and they
 > > have continued to spam
 > > despite me following their "remove" procedure.
 > >
 > > Regards,
 > > Lee

[..]