[DNS] *no* panel consideration and *no* public invitation/consultation on original registrant-to-registrant transfer policy

From: Ian Johnston <ian.johnston§infobrokers.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:49:38 +1000
> Pardon me, I assumed if you knew you would have told your partner
> Vic so he didn't make a fool of himself in public. I'm still not
> convinced you understand why auDA is bound to publicly consult on
> changes to naming policy or transfer rights, or you would be
> directing your energies in that direction.
>
> Kimberley Heitman

Kimberley and others

I wrote the following email to the DNS list in Sep 2002 (but have now
included updated URLs to auDA policies 2002-18 and 2002-24).

In that email I say:

- There was *no* consideration of a policy on transfers of domain name
licences between registrants, by the Name Policy Advisory Panel or
Competition Model Advisory Panel during 2000 and 2001.  I was a member of
both Panels.

- There was *no* public invitation and/or consultation by auDA during the
12+ month implementation phase [of Panel Policy] on the following published
policies relating to transfers of domain name licences between registrants:
<www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2002-18> and
<www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2002-24>.

(I recall thoroughly researching a mass of panel and other auDA material,
and speaking to panel members, before sending the email.)

SETEL wrote to the Chairman of the auDA Board on 19 July 2002, soon after it
became aware that auDA was *not* going to public consultation on the
registrant-to-registrant transfer policy, forwarding a paper on "Transfers
of domain name licences between Registrants" making recommendations
<www.setel.com.au/publications/public/policy/001.htm>.

Ian Johnston