[DNS] Changes to policy

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:59:09 +0930
> What's wrong with speculation?  As long as it's not cybersquatting,
> typo-squatting or a deliberate case of "front-running," and these are
> already covered by existing policies and Code of Practice.

Currently a lot of 'speculators' catch names on the drop simply to extort
money from the previous owners when they realise they had inadvertantly
allowed them to expire. We have had 2 cases from customers this has happened
to in past few months. This is but one example of 'non' squatting that is
quite legal in the US but rather dispicable. ( there are many more )

>> transportable which could be used offset the price of a fixed
>> registration (provides a bebefit to the general public)
>
> Don't see the benefit in that myself...

Somebody earlier in the thread was asking what the benefit to the 'public'
would be ... this could be an example. (a transfer fee could provide the
same benefit)

Regards, Tony
South East On Line
Support http://www.seol.net.au