[DNS] Time for the rulestochangeregardingtransferring domainname licences

From: Lea de Groot <dotau.org§elysiansystems.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 06:57:09 +1000
On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:06:25 +1000, magic2147&#167;optushome.com.au wrote:
> That was correct until about three weeks ago. Google has changed the
> algo again.

As 'cb' isn't answering offlist mail to back this up, I'll have to deny
this.
I've seen no discussion indicating that Google will return results in
'the from ccTLD space' without an overly clear indication that the
domain is part of that ccTLD.
Myself, I will be continuing to work from the basis that if cost
savings are the target, its generally cheaper to have a .au domain and
foreign hosting than a gTLD domain and local hosting, if the target
market is local.
Not that its terribly on topic for the discussion, but it is a side
point.

Lea
--
Lea de Groot