[DNS] Time for the rules to change regarding transferringdomainname licences

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:51:11 +0800
Quoting Deus Ex Machina on Monday September 26, 2005:
| you also ignore the fact that open registries work quite
| fine. you ignore the fact that the only public that should involved in a
| private sale of a domain are the 2 parties. you ignore the fact that
| secondary markets would create more efficient allocation of names and
| allow owners to unlock any real values in names. you ignore the fact
| that you are tying up cybersquating with secondary markets which are
| unrelated.

What utter bollocks Vic. Apart from what I said earlier in this thread,
I have never discussed with you my view on domain transfers and you
know it. I have not even discussed these points, let alone disagreed
changes should be considered. Therefore, making some wild implication
about how I am allegedly thinking, and then writing me off as some
addle-minded hobbyist who doesn't know a thing about the world is
pure nonsense.

You seem to think everyone is incapable of entertaining other people's
points of view. You imply that demand class members and directors of
auDA somehow intrinsically lack the ability to see the perspective of the
different actors in the industry. You are wrong.

| either you as a demand board representative start representing the needs of
| the vast majority of the au name space ie com.au ie businesses or you step
| aside and let someone on the board who will.

I'm not beholden to what Vic Cinc says I have to do. Until that day,
whilst I am on the auDA board I'll continue to serve as best as I know
how.

kim