[DNS] Time for the rules to change regarding transferring domainname licences

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 23:03:35 +1000
Kim Davies [kim&#167;cynosure.com.au] wrote:
> Quoting Ian Johnston on Friday September 23, 2005:
> |
> | I agree that it is time to review this policy.
> | - encourage, or at least not discourage, the development of an orderly, open
> | and competitive secondary market in .com.au domain name licences.
>
> What are the community benefits from encouraging a secondary market
> (which seems like a euphemism for encouraging cybersquatting)?

thats a self obvious question surely. the community benefits from being
able to unlock the value in the names. currently the rules straightjacket
the community.

as bruce has outlined the cybersquating can be addressed other then
by killing the secondary market. thats like throwing the baby out with
the bath water.

auda is supposed to promote the name space, not lock it up.

Vic