[DNS] Australia's luckiest man?

From: Nigel Burke <nigel§avs.net.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:22:01 +1000
An Australian Google search for 'Byron Bay' comes up with bayweb.com.au as the top result for me.

If you were looking for 'Byron Bay Accommodation' then byron-bay-accommodation.com.au would be of more value.

I guess if you really wanted to target an area, you would register a number of domains related to the most popular searches for that area. Plus alot of search engine optimisation.

I'm not involved in search engine optimisation but I would have thought that seach engines looked past domain names these domains anyway??