[DNS] Australia's luckiest man?

From: Nigel Burke <nigel§avs.net.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:47:31 +1000
I remember a ruling where no companies registered after a certain date would be allowed to participate in such projects. This prevented people registering companies just to apply for certain domain names.

By disallowing any companies registered after June 1, 2005 would have prevented any kind of activity.

I don't know why this rule was not included for the allocation for geographic domain names and it would have created a fairer playing field.

It's too late to whinge about this now. I hope he uses the domain names wisely.

Cheers,
Nigel