[DNS] Australia's luckiest man?

From: Discount Domain Name Services <rod§ddns.com.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:09:37 +1000
Who can lodge a ballot application?

In order to lodge a ballot application, applicants must satisfy the normal
com.au and net.au eligibility and allocation criteria in the Domain Name
Eligibility <http://www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2005-01/>  and Allocation
Rules for the Open 2LDs (2005-01). In brief, this means that:

*	applicants must be registered to trade in Australia (eg. company
with ACN, business name owner with RBN, trade mark owner with TM number,
sole trader with ABN); and
*	the geographic name must be an exact match, abbreviation or acronym
of the applicant's name, or the applicant must have a "close and substantial
connection" with the geographic name.

I guess each company warrants a "close and substantial connection"

  _____