Re: [DNS] Whois & Spam

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:35:40 +0930
Hi,

I think Bill has a valid point, but perhaps a bun fight isnt going to get
anywhere lol

Although I see scope for registrars to impliment checks and balances while
still making the info "publicly available" it would be better if moves for
change came an "authoritive" body such as Auda

The risk of course is that it does become a bun fight ...

I personally loved the movie "What about Bob" with its "baby steps" theme.

ie ..

Does everyone agree that that if a sustainable, cost effective method to
protect the whois database from spammers is worth pursuing ..

if so .. what would step 2 be ?

Auda being the policy makers probably should try to put together a forum
where the matter could be discussed?

Regards, Tony
South East On Line
Support Shop 1, Ripley Arcade