RE: [DNS] Searcher twists name rules

From: Larry Bloch <larry.bloch§netregistry.com.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 01:33:47 +1100
In fact the rules are in the been changed (and are in the process of being
implemented) to a situation where the only meaningful test is that you are a
registered Australian entity. Beyond that, you will simply have to warrant
that you have a close and substantial connection to the name without
providing detail as to what that connection is.

Overall, I think it's a good thing - it makes the policy simpler for
registrants (not all are as clued up as those on this list) and preserves
the only real policy of value - keeping registrants in com.au identifiable.

As Kim rightly notes, every other policy has been rorted by registrants
determined to obtain a name of choice.

Larry