Advice on registration of recent

From: Craig Oehlers <info§>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:13:11 +0800
Recently I registered which was freely available for registration. This domain name was one of the many drops which had a 30 day pending delete period (more than the standard 14 days) and I have today received notification from auDA that the previous registrant remained entitled to the registration of the domain name. Please note that a domain name in pending delete status would have been inactive giving the previous registrant substantial notice and opportunity to renew the domain.

Please go to to view the letter received from auDA.

Can anyone shed some light on the matter? Or has anyone had any similar experiences?