Re: [DNS] Missing glue from .edu.au

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian§creative.net.au>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 12:20:10 +0800
On Fri, May 21, 2004, Kim Davies wrote:
> Quoting Adrian Chadd on Friday May 21, 2004:
> | On Fri, May 21, 2004, Paul Day wrote:
> | > Anyone else noticing the distinct lack of glue records in .edu.au this
> | > morning? The main one I'm looking at is uwa.edu.au but there appear to be
> | > others missing too.
> |
> | Please give me examples? I'm a little weirded out about uwa.edu.au
> | not working after I updated uwa.edu.au..
>
> Query for the A record for dns.uwa.edu.au or dns1.uwa.edu.au to an
> authoritative name server for edu.au (e.g. ns1.ausregistry.net). You
> will see there is no glue for either dns.uwa.edu.au or dns1.uwa.edu.au,
> when clearly there should be if they are authoritative for uwa.edu.au.
>
> Basically, uwa.edu.au is unresolvable.

Oh, I see that. I'm just curious as to why the DNS information has no glue.
The tools on the domainname.edu.au site show me that dns1.uwa.edu.au has
all the right info but dns.uwa.edu.au doesn't. I could have _sworn_ I
added dns.uwa.edu.au on Wednesday but the create/modify date is 2003.

I'm waiting for someone from educationau.edu.au to call me back about this.
Hopefully I can sort it out sooner rather than later.

adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			I'm only a fanboy if
<adrian&#167;creative.net.au>	    I emailed Wesley Crusher.