Re: [DNS] Namescout and GST

From: <trent§sos.net.au>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:50:43 +0930
Very true Anand,
The info you received from the ATO applies to any organization according
to the ATO and two CPAs (one my own and the other a client).
The fact that a .au is usable under the guidelines only by Australian
entities, means that GST must be applied.

I mentioned this in a conversation with the ATO on a separate matter and
they expressed interest in the Namescout situation.
Whether something happens? If they're breaching the law I'm sure the ATO
will be interested, but in the end who is to say?