Re: [DNS] Rationale of .au high price was: [DNS] Cat got your tongue Chris?

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:17:20 +0800
Quoting Jason Pay on Tuesday May 18, 2004:
| That's my point, you only pay for a portion of the costs to run/buy the
| truck.
|
| As stated several times in this thread, the costs to setup the .au
| registry were passed onto the .au customers.
|
| .au customers should not be paying for a new truck every 4 years.

Who says they will? To use your analogy, lets say I work for a
supermarket and I want to give a delivery contract for a 4 year term. A
range of truck companies provide me with prices in a tender, and I chose
the best one.

Let's say Company A offers me a contract costing $1000/week, and Company B
offers me one costing $1500/week. Company A will buy all their trucks new
for the contract, whereas Company B will use an existing fleet of trucks.

By your revised logic, I can't use Company A because they are buying
their trucks, I can only use Company B? According to your original post
I can't use either unless the company can prove that they got the trucks
for free. (I resist saying "fell off the back of a truck")

What does it matter at all how a company pays for their trucks, as long
as they do the job they are required?

kim