Re: [DNS] Rationale of .au high price was: [DNS] Cat got your tongue Chris?

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:21:26 +0800
Quoting magic2147&#167;optushome.com.au on Monday May 17, 2004:

| Umm so registrants are paying over the odds so that a proprietory company could
| develop a system that they could then resell many times over and not pay any
| dividend back to the people who provided the equity.
|
| Gee I am glad we have all those cool Demand class directors looking after registrants
| interests.

What AusRegistry does with their product, or how they develop them, is
up to them. It is irrelevant to the discussion other than I think for
the next tender there is much more potential for lower bids because much
of this work has already been done by the parties likely to tender.

From auDA's perpective, it put out a tender, it received bids, and
picked the best one. In return, the winning bidder has a fixed price
scheme for the duration of the contract. What bidder would accept a
system where their price could be lowered at the whim of auDA in the
middle of the contract?

auDA can't change alter AusRegistry's price until that contract is up.
What being a demand-class director has to do with that I have no idea.

kim