RE: [DNS] Rationale of .au high price was: [DNS] Cat got your tongue Chris?

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§snapsite.com.au>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:28:05 +1000
The one that gets the prize is the one that has the greatest business
relevance.  In many instances that's both names.  In most cases, though,
it's the .au for my clients.

Then there's always the client that goes for the cheapest, buys a .com, then
wonders why their site doesn't come us in Google's Australian sites search.
To paraphrase a Linux promotion - "What's better than a cheap domain name?
One that works for your business!"

The point I'm trying to make is that merely looking at domain name prices in
isolation is missing much more relevant and important considerations.

Ron Stark