cancellation fee of US$50

From: Virtual Visions <webdesign§virtualvisions.com.au>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 08:15:51 +1000
Hi,

A few months ago I asked this list for some advice on transferring
several .com's away from RegistryWeb (Resellers of Joker.com).

I still have not managed to do so. Yesterday I went to double check
contact details were up-to-date for a Client needing to renew soon and
noticed that RegistryWeb now also offer a "Transfer Window" on their
site. However, when reading their steps to go about this, they say they
will charge you US$50 ... i.e.

5. Please note that we are charged US$50 in Contract Termination Fees
before we can open a Transfer Window, so we simply pass this fee on to
our customers. The fee will be charged to your credit card as shown
below.

There is nothing in their original Service Agreement (Contract as they
refer above) about any termination fees.

I believe some of you on this list are on ICANN's Task Force re the new
Registrar Transfer Policy. Could you please advise?

Much Appreciated, Sandra
---
Sandra Caballero
Virtual Visions