Leaking information

From: <magic2147§optushome.com.au>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:24:37 +1000
The expiry date hole on the  Namescout renewal page is still open ...

Also note that on this page http://www.namescout.com/renewal/index.asp
it states that

"If you renew your .au domain name more than 3 months before the expiry date, the
remaining paid registration time on your domain name will be lost and a new
registration term will begin."

So far as I can see Namescout is unique in offering to renew a .au domain more than
90 days prior to expiry.

Can anyone including Chris Disspain comment on how this squares with both the
letter and spirit of auDA rules?

Finally I ask who are we actually dealing with when we transact business with
Namescout:
a) Momentous Australia Pty Ltd ACN 095441571 which the link from
http://www.auda.org.au/registrars/accredited-registrars/ would appear to imply (or is
the link misleading)
or
b)a Bermuda registered company which actually operates from Nepean, Ontario,
Canada and which appears not to issue a Tax Invoice in regard to .au domain
transactions and apparently putting the Australian based registrars at a price/revenue
disadvantage.

cb