Re: [DNS] DNS list

From: Brad Norrish <brad§brad.com.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:30:07 +0800
David,

I agree. In addition auda should take the link off it's website to this list
unless it is prepaired to link to other lists as well.

It should also inform people that these are not auda lists before they join.

The effect that has been created is the whole industry has been directed to
a single list. Kim is then entitled to run the list as he likes.

The fact that it's been mentioned on this list that it isn't an auda list is
pointless. The effect that auda has created is that everybody has been
directed here from the officially endorsed auda's website and kim told he
can run it as the fat cat and friends club if he likes.

This is similar effect to the government only handing out 1 TV / media
licence - to one of their mates

Really if they wanted wouldn't auda say on the site "this is not an auda
endorsed list" instead of

"The "DNS List" is an Internet mailing list that facilitates general
discussion on .au related issues. It is an unmoderated forum, and robust
debate is encouraged. A light-touch administration policy is enforced."

Brad