Re: [DNS] INTRAS NetSecurity (Brad Norrish)

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:22:48 +0800
Andrew, All,

Quoting Andrew Rogers on Thursday February 26, 2004:

| Doesn't this list run on a sub-domain (lists.auda.org.au) of
| auda.org.au? How can it not be endorsed? auDA had to be involved in
| it's establishment (as one of the many DNS gurus here will attest).

auDA had nothing to do with its establishment. The list existed before
auDA, or even ADNA, existed. It is a list where the formulation of those
two bodies was discussed.

I run this list, and auDA just so happens to sponsor a place for me
to run the mailing list software at this moment and has done so for
approximately 2 years. As subscribers who are not newcomers would know,
this list has changed location a number of times over the years.

I will move it again shortly just to put this debate to an end. To be
honest I had intended to do so earlier but haven't found time.

As for "endorsement", auDA is just providing hosting. Suggesting auDA
endorses it because of that is tantamount to suggesting an ISP endorses
all the websites it hosts on its servers.

kim