Re: [DNS] Domain Names Australia

From: <magic2147§optushome.com.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:20:51 +1100
We have received a number of solicitations from DNA in the post today.

There are two types:

1) .com version of .com.au domain is unregistered

These have the following in common:
a) they are all registered through Melbourne IT;
b) the soliticatations  addressed to a postal address that is used only on the domain name
record.

Note that some of the .com.au domains are fairly recent in inception ie. they were registered
AFTER the various security breaches involving the old auDA whois database

2) regisitration of a .net.au to match a .com.au

these have the following in common:
a) the .com.au domains are registered through TPP and Enetica
b) the soliticatations are addressed to a postal address that is used only on the .au domain
name record

One of the .com.au domains was registered as recently as September last year.

The number one question is this: where are DNA obtaining the domain contact addresses
from?

I note that domainsaustralia.com.au is registered via Explorer Domains Pty Ltd but I am not
suggesting that this is source of the addresses.

cb