Advice please

From: Geoffrey Roberts <geoffrey§mozzierid.com.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:57:05 +1100
Hello All,
I'd be grateful for some advice if someone has the time please.
We are an Australian registered company (since late 2002) and I've just
discovered that a competitor of ours in the same business but with no
business relationship is using our company name as their domain name
(.com.au).
I've read through the rules and regs and as I see it, this is a 'no-no' Am I
right?

More to the point, at the time the domain name was registered I would have
thought that the registrar company should have checked that this was the
situation. After all, ASIC provides such a search free of charge.

I'd be grateful for any comments or opinions as to the situation and our
next move.

Thanks

Geoffrey Roberts
Sales and Marketing Manager