Re: [DNS] Once again, Apologies

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 04:27:37 +1100 (EST)
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Sandra Caballero wrote:

 > Unfortunately, I acted too quickly when my client notified me of a
 > phone call and fax that he received regarding the transfer of his
 > domain name, ...  that which neither of us initiated.

If anyone is transferring domains without the explicit consent of the
domain's registrant, then clear breaches of policy would appear to be
occurring, and AuDA ought to be very interested.  Similarly, if anyone
is indeed withholding domain passwords from registrants, or anything
else denying registrants' rights to choose their own domain's registrar.

 > Straight away, I posted on this List asking questions, hoping for some
 > guidance.  I do admit I was far too naive in naming those involved ....
 > I should have first checked with all parties.

Do you feel that what you described represents an isolated 'mistake'?

 > Basically, I just  like helping small businesses get a Web presence if
 > they feel they need one. I am not an expert in other areas, but try to
 > do my best re my clients, who often have less time and know even less
 > than I do re other areas of IT.

Others appear to prefer that domain registrants were kept in the dark.

Cheers, Ian