RE: [DNS] Chesley Rafferty just a Brad Norrish front man?

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§snapsite.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:52:41 +1000
From the ones that I've seen it looks as if he's targeting businesses in
general rather than domain name holders of .com.au's, and offering them
tld's.  If that's the case, he's entitled to do so, as it's legitimate
marketing.

What's not legitimate is the deceptive nature of the mailout, because
the clients who have contacted me believe that it's an invoice for an
existing domain name that is no longer registered.  What's also
illegitimate is the utter disdain with which DNA treat registrants (or
at least in my limited experience with trying to resolve problems).

One issue that I have had - in trying to sort out a delegation issue
with a client that got caught, DNA were very slow to respond and
dismissive of requests to sort out the delegation problem.  Any attempt
to transfer to a new registrar would fail, as DNS was cited as the
contacts for all but the actual registrant.  They could (and I assume
would) thwart any attempt at transfer.

DNA also told my client that he, as the registrant, was not entitled to
his own domain password, as it would give him access to every other
domain.  This, as we all know, is a lie.

Ron Stark