Re: [DNS] Contact Ids

From: Lucian Daniel Kafka <luci§conexim.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 07:56:40 +1000
I have been trying to get a similar point through...

I am a strong believer in contact IDs uniformity and consistency. Ie. all
contact IDs managed through all registrars should be ROIDs. Unfortunately,
for no reason I can see, most registrars have developed their own
proprietary system of NICs which in term map back down to ROIDs in the
background. The management of these is poor, especially if managing domains
through different registrars - giving birth to scenarios like the one you
have described.

How can we get registrars to switch to pure ROIDs as contact IDs? Make it a
rule for the newly accredited ones for a start.