Re: [DNS] domain names are old hat

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 03:39:04 +0200
Quoting Bennett Oprysa on Monday August 18, 2003:

| AusRegistry is responsible for marketing the .au domain space, this is
| quite clearly about increasing the number of domains.
|
| Educating the public about the .au namespace, is what auDA is supposed
| to be doing.

That's a simplification. You can't cleanly separate education and
marketing apart in this instance, because the act of marketing here
is really rather raising market awareness - therefore, education. The
important thing is not to be contradictory. I still think everyone
should call a spade a spade, and ultimately that will reduce confusion.

To my mind, the responsibility for the pure commercial marketing of
domains should really lie with the people selling them - the registrars.

kim