RE: RE: [DNS] List Rules, Revisited

From: Chris Disspain <ceo§auda.org.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:16:39 +1000
All,

Well....I tried.

Regards,

Chris Disspain
CEO - auDA
ceo&#167;auda.org.au
www.auda.org.au

-----Original Message-----
From: jamesguy [mailto:jamesguy&#167;guyassociates.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 July 2003 18:52
To: dns&#167;lists.auda.org.au
Subject: Re: RE: [DNS] List Rules, Revisited

> Mr Guy,
>
> You have been told repeatedly by various members of this list that
auDA
> will not respond to queries put in the way you seem intent upon using.
> There are several reasons for this including the fact that auDA has
> processes in place to deal with matters raised.
>
> For clarity let me repeat again what you need to do.
>
> If you have a submission to make regarding policy reviews you should
> make it to auDA not the DNS list (although you are welcome to copy the
> list if you wish).

[I will be doing however the feedback in this forum has assisted with
raising further matters which will be included in submissions]

> If you have a matter you wish to be raised with the Board you should
> send it to auDA, not the DNS List (although you are welcome to copy
the
> list if you wish). auDA has a rolling section on its agenda to deal
with
> Board correspondence.

[You have made it clear in previous email that you do not need to refer
matters to the Board despite requests from me]

> Several of your emails have referred to auDA publishing its agenda
prior
> to the meeting. We do this.

[where and how soon before a meeting.  Is it updated to reflect
submissions]

> In simple terms, the DNS is a discussion list for those interested in
> the DNS. It is not a vehicle for soliciting responses from auDA staff
or
> Board members.

[When auda staff are not acting in line with policies represented on the
web site and will not advise the date and time of any policy review and
you have clearly refused to seek confirmation from the Board - don't
make me dig up the correspondence
pray tell what options are left.

> Personally, let me say that I would be more inclined to cut you some
> slack if:-
> a) you stopped posting my personal emails to you to the list without
> having the courtesy to seek my consent first and
> b) you ceased supposed 'proxy' postings that attack both me and my
staff
> personally.

As for your cutting me slack it seems that you need to reconsider your
obligations under the auDA constitution.  You are performing a public
service.  I am not the first to complain about your responsiveness.  The
proxy postings will continue other people who may be restrined whill be
heard.

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt on this thing.  There are
questions that you need to answer and in the public forum.  They are
matters that require a Board press release or response.  They require
anwers from you and are valid to auda's mandate as administrator of the
.au domain space.

Also lets see transcripts of Board meetings published.

> Regards,
>
> Chris Disspain
> CEO - auDA
> ceo&#167;auda.org.au
> www.auda.org.au

Kind regards

James Guy

Principal
Guy & Associates
      Solicitors & Trade Marks Agent

Level 25 Optus Centre
367 Collins Street
Melbourne
VIC 3000
AUSTRALIA

Phone: +61 3 9221 6151
Fax:   +61 3 9383 6161
Mobile:+61 0407085553
website:  guyassociates.com.au

This email (including any attachments) is intended only to be read or
used by the addressee. It contains information that may be confidential
and legally privileged. If you are not the addressee,or you have
received this email by mistake, you must not disclose,copy or distribute
it or use the information contained in it (or any attachments) in any
way.

If you have received this message in error please notify Guy &
Associates by return email or reverse charges telephone call to +61 3
9221 6151 and then delete this message and any copies of it. Please also
contact us if you have any doubts about the authenticity of this email.

Any legal professional privilege between solicitor and client, or any
other rights, are retained by Guy & Associates and are not lost or
waived because you have received this message in error. This email
(including any attachments) may also contain computer viruses or other
defects. Guy & Associates is not liable for any loss or damage that may
be caused by these viruses or defects.