Cybersquatting (Re: Young Mr Guy)

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:17:54 +0200
Quoting jamesguy on Monday July 21, 2003:
| I had made enquiries with the Melbourne Jazz festival for an ongoing program of jazz sponsorship in Melbourne.  jazz.org.au was destined for that purpose.  Should there be any developer out there interested in assisting with sponsorship that would be excellent.
|
| Choice of business name was to be dependent on whether the joint venture was achieved.  I have the ideas and the contacts with jazz artists.  Just lack the resources.

The policy basis behind the rules is to prevent such speculative
registrations. If an organisation wants to a register a domain name they
are eligible that is fine. Having some other person register something
they /might/ pass on to an organisation that is eligible (let alone one
that doesn't even /exist/ now), is not acceptable.

If that was allowed you may as well just remove any eligibility
requirements and make it a .com style free-for-all.

kim