Re: [DNS] Young Mr Guy

From: Jon Lawrence <jon§jonlawrence.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:47:28 +0100
>1. jazz.org is destined for a non-profit jazz organisation to increase
the
>profile of struggling jazz artists in Australia;

Presuming you mean jazz.org.au, why didn't you then register this name in
the name of the organisation itself, rather than your own name as this appears
to me to be an apparent breach of the .org.au eligibility rules;

From: http://www.auda.org.au/docs/auda-2002-07.txt

<snip>
1. To be eligible in the org.au 2LD, registrants must be:

a) a charity operating in Australia, as defined in the registrant?s constitution
or other documents of incorporation; or
b) a non-profit organisation operating in Australia, as defined in the registrant?s
constitution or other documents of incorporation.
</snip>

Which also raises the question of why did Melbourne IT allow this registration?
 I note that "an Australian partnership or sole trader" is specifically
mentioned as eligible for .com.au & .net.au but NOT for .org.au...

jon