RE: [DNS] Uninhibited disclosure of auDA weakness

From: Josh Rowe <josh§email.nu>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:51:11 +1000
> -----Original Message-----
> From: jamesguy
> Sent: Sunday, 20 July 2003 11:33
> To: dns&#167;lists.auda.org.au
> Subject: Re: RE: RE: [DNS] Uninhibited disclosure of auDA weakness
>
> Josh you are a Board member.

Yes.

auDA Board of Directors
http://www.auda.org.au/about/board.html

" ...

Name (Organisation)	Representing	Elected	Retires

[...]

Joshua Rowe  		Demand 		26 Nov 2001	2003 AGM

... "

> As such you have responsibilities to the internet community
> to regulate the CEO and auDA's conduct is that correct.

Read the auDA Constitution:

21 POWERS AND DUTIES OF DIRECTORS
http://www.auda.org.au/about/constitution.html#_Toc445827192

> Past minutes are not a transcript of the board meeting.
> Also the agenda is important to provide the public with the
> ability to make submissions prior to any Board Meeting.

" ... the DNS list is not operated by auDA, nor is it an official
communications channel of auDA. [...] We recommend if you seek comment
from auDA on particular issues in an official capacity, you use these
contact details (http://www.auda.org.au/contact/)."

There is a standing agenda item at each board meeting for "Board
correspondance".  Use the contact details here:
http://www.auda.org.au/contact/ (not the DNS list) if you wish to make a
submission.

> Further, corrspondence and submissions are not made available
> for public inspection prior to or after any Baord meeting.
> Is that correct?

" ... the DNS list is not operated by auDA, nor is it an official
communications channel of auDA. [...] We recommend if you seek comment
from auDA on particular issues in an official capacity, you use these
contact details (http://www.auda.org.au/contact/)."

There is a standing agenda item at each board meeting for "Board
correspondance".  Use the contact details here:
http://www.auda.org.au/contact/ (not the DNS list) if you wish to make a
submission.

Josh
--