Re: [DNS] Sneaky registrar transfer

From: Malcolm Miles <mgm-ns§tardis.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 00:11:38 +1000
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:38:47 +1000, you wrote:

>I just received an email from a registrar saying that a domain name I
>had registered with them was due for renewal in September. This was
>not correct, the domain name in question was not registered with this
>registrar.

Is my face red? In fact this domain was registered with this registrar
back when, for a short period, it was a reseller for MelbourneIT.
Since then all my dealings with this domain, contact changes,
redelegations etc have been handled at the MelbourneIT Web site and it
never rang a bell with me  that I hadn't originally registered the
domain directly with them.

I am scraping the egg of my face right now.

--
Best wishes,
Malcolm